Our Moral Purpose
At Highfield we strive to provide each child with the tools they need to become their very best selves. We aim to instil within them the skills and values which will enable everyone to positively contribute to the diverse world we live in.
We passionately believe in developing a life-long love of learning within an inspirational and inclusive environment. Highfield is a warm and friendly place of co-operation, equality and respect.
To instil a love of learning by:-
- Implementing a relevant creative curriculum designed to encourage independence and child-initiated learning
- Providing a stimulating learning environment to encourage investigative and meaningful engagement with the learning process
- Providing excellent teaching of both the Primary Curriculum and the development of life skills
Everyone deserves to receive a high quality education:-
- Teaching is personalised to meet the needs and preferred learning styles of all learners
- By believing and acting on the premise that every child matters
- Providing appropriate resources and opportunities
We treat each other with empathy and kindness, and we are polite to each other by:-
- Promoting a high standard of behaviour in our school community through well established policies and procedures such as our Golden Rules
- Understanding both our rights and responsibilities at school and in the wider community
- Raising self-esteem and self-worth through ensuring that our children reach their full potential.
Our 3 Jars
At Highfield we have 3 jars which represent 3 words that are very important to us:
RESPECT, CO-OPERATION & KINDNESS.