|N am||Kirsty Tindle &|
|N pm||Maria Naghshbandi|
Make a difference!
The class representative role is a voluntary role which can help you get to know parents across the whole school. It is fun and is not too time consuming. Please note that class representatives are not to be used to help other parents express concerns about their own children. This should continue to be done directly between the parents themselves and the teacher.
If you are a parent/carer and haven’t already passed on your contact details to your class rep, please do so to enable them to add you to the class WhatsApp or email group.
What is the role of a parent representative?
* The parent representative serves a primary role in maintaining good communication between parents, while also being a valuable resource to the teacher and the class.
*Liaise with the parents in the class by keeping them informed of activities and events organised by the class teacher.
* When possible, attend meetings run by the PTA to be kept informed of upcoming events and to pass on suggestions from other parents. If you work full time, please don’t let this put you off becoming a class rep. You will be emailed the minutes from our meetings if you are unable to attend.
* Encourage parents to donate resources or volunteer when requested by the class teacher or by the PTA.
* Regularly visit the Friends of Highfield tab on the school website and read the monthly newsletter so that you are aware of what is happening in the school.
How to get involved
* If you wish to put yourself forward as a class rep, please email email@example.com Please include your full name, mobile number, your child’s name and their class that you wish to represent.