Vision and Values
We passionately believe in developing a life-long love of learning within an inspirational and inclusive environment. Highfield is a warm and friendly place of co-operation, equality and respect.
To instil a love of learning by:-
- Implementing a relevant creative curriculum designed to encourage independence and child-initiated learning
- Providing a stimulating learning environment to encourage investigative and meaningful engagement with the learning process
- Providing excellent teaching of both the Primary Curriculum and the development of life skills
Everyone deserves to receive a high quality education:-
- Teaching is personalised to meet the needs and preferred learning styles of all learners
- By believing and acting on the premise that every child matters
- Providing appropriate resources and opportunities
We treat each other with empathy and kindness, and we are polite to each other by:-
- Promoting a high standard of behaviour in our school community through well established policies and procedures such as our Golden Rules
- Understanding both our rights and responsibilities at school and in the wider community
- Raising self-esteem and self-worth through ensuring that our children reach their full potential.
Our 3 Jars
At Highfield we have 3 jars which represent 3 words that are very important to us:
RESPECT, CO-OPERATION & KINDNESS.