Vision & Values
We passionately believe in developing a life-long love of learning within an inspirational and inclusive environment. Highfield is a warm and friendly place of co-operation, equality and respect.
To instil a love of learning by:-
- Implementing a relevant creative curriculum designed to encourage independence and child-initiated learning
- Providing a stimulating learning environment to encourage investigative and meaningful engagement with the learning process
- Providing excellent teaching of both the Primary Curriculum and the development of life skills
Everyone deserves to receive a high quality education:-
- Teaching is personalised to meet the needs and preferred learning styles of all learners
- By believing and acting on the premise that every child matters
- Providing appropriate resources and opportunities
We treat each other with empathy and kindness, and we are polite to each other by:-
- Promoting a high standard of behaviour in our school community through well established policies and procedures such as our Golden Rules
- Understanding both our rights and responsibilities at school and in the wider community
- Raising self-esteem and self-worth through ensuring that our children reach their full potential.
Highfield Vision is underpinned by our 3 Core Values –
Respect, Co-operation and Kindness
When you first visit Highfield Primary School you will instantly notice happy children, full of energy and enthusiasm. Our multi-cultural, inclusive school oozes respect and tolerance. Highfield School is a happy, safe and welcoming community where all are respected, encouraged and supported to reach their full potential
We recognise and value our rich linguistic and cultural diversity and endeavour to ensure that each child is able to excel and have the skills, independence and initiative to become good citizens. We aim to be outstanding in all that we do.
We have highlighted three core words that reflect and underpin our school vision and values. We believe they are essential in developing well rounded citizens. These words (values) are respect, co-operation and kindness. Also every half term the whole school will focus on an additional word (value) such as friendship, love, appreciation, courage, honesty and so forth. These values will be part of whole school assemblies and incorporated into lessons.
Our 3 Jars – reinforce these values, to find out more – Click here
Highfield’s Children’s Charter:
Our children talked about their Rights and their Responsibilities
As part of our original charter the children decided what qualities make a “good teacher and a good pupil”
All these ideas were put into Highfield’s Childrens Charter.
In 2014 we extended our Charter and looked at the
‘United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child’ (with Unicef)
The Chair of the School Council and the Headteacher both agree and sign the declaration every year.